Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Beginning of the Painting Journey

I finally opened my Etsy store last week. You can find it here: http://waterwaif.etsy.com.

Just before the holidays last year, so November 2009-ish, I knew that I had to make some changes in my life. Being a stay-at-home mom isn't easy but sometimes I think it's harder when the kids are actually at school and not at home with you anymore! I faced endless days of putting them on the school bus and coming home to look around at the messes generated every day and having no heart or motivation to clean up or do anything. It's more than just being a terrible housekeeper (which I am). It's more than just having nothing to fill your days. It's having nothing to fill your life, outside your family. I'm 33. What do I want to do with my life?

That led me to where I am now. I looked deep inside the cobwebbed corners of my brain and the answer was: "I want to be an artsy fartsy type who can create anything and inspire people with it." So I went to Joann's and bought some paint and some canvases. Came home. Threw the paint on the first canvas and actually created a tree.





I knew the tree wasn't that good as far as paintings go but man, I had fun doing it and it was MINE. It was ART that I created. I immediately got another little canvas panel and painted this:






And that was even more fun! And it was just the first day, too!

1 comment:

Linda Hammelman said...

Been where you are now, long ago. And you found an answer that works! I love your work!