Friday, September 3, 2010

Feature Friday 9/3: Meet FallenPeach!

I'd like to introduce everyone to Lindsey, from FallenPeach
FallenPeach is an Etsy shop that sells bookmarks, magnets, and greeting cards, all made from photographs that Lindsey took herself. There are some fantabulous things to choose from!


I recently caught up with Lindsey and asked her some questions to share with my readers.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
waterwaif:
First off, tell me a little bit about yourself. (Just a brief biography)

Lindsey from FallenPeach:Hi my name is Lindsey and I’m a graphic designer and photographer living in southern Connecticut. I went to school to be a writer, but followed a slightly different creative path not long after graduation. Some of my favorite things are reading, having adventures, and making useful things. 


ww:
How and when did you start your craft?


FP:
I started making things like bookmarks out of my photography about a year ago, but I’ve been a photographer and a creative person my whole life. I started really focusing on photography in high school, became distracted with writing in college and then went back to photography post college. 




ww:
How did you originally find Etsy? Have you or do you sell anywhere else?



FP:
Honestly, I can’t really remember how I first found Etsy. I think it might have been after picking up some business cards at a Renegade Craft Fair in New York. I sell at craft fairs around Connecticut at on Etsy. Some of my bookmarks can be found in a store called Dava in Hamden CT. 


ww:
What inspires you the most?


FP:
I love to look up and down when others look straight ahead. Much of the time, inspiration comes from fully immersing myself in wherever I happen to be. I love to travel and a lot of my photos come from adventures that my boyfriend and I take.

ww:
What is your favorite piece you’ve created and why?


FP:
On our last road trip I took some amazing photographs, and I think this is one of my favorites. The full image features a zebra printed couch as well, and will soon be available as a greeting card. But I love how the photo cropped for this bookmark as well.

(ww: this piece is for sale in Lindsey's shop here)

ww:
Do you have any new creations or debuting designs in the works? What can my readers expect to see from you soo
n?

FP:
I have a whole stack of new bookmarks and greeting cards to list in the coming months. Many of them have a retro feel and come from a recent three week cross country road trip. I’m also extremely excited to be introducing my boyfriend Matt’s work into the store, starting with Halloween illustrations. Already you can find his work on bookmarks and a set of cards, more will be coming soon. 

ww:
What's your personal motto?


FP:
I don’t know if it’s a motto, per se, but I try to live every day individually and stay positive. Negativity does no good and it’s important to live your life instead of waiting for things to come. 


ww:
Where else can my readers find you? 




FP:
Blog: 
http://fallenpeach.blogspot.com
Twitter: 
http://twitter.com/fallenpeach
Facebook: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=411279915602&sk=basic#!/pages/fallenpeach/411279915602
Etsy: 
http://fallenpeach.etsy.com


ww:
Are you offering any exclusive discounts or specials for readers of this interview?


FP:
I am having a Celebratory Giveaway Contest on my blog right now. Please give it a visit and enter to win one of my bookmarks!







4 comments:

hotacrossbuns said...

Love your blog!!! See you in the forums

anya
hotacrossbuns

Mermaid's Palette said...

Love the work, fallenpeach!

Colie's Kitchen said...

What a great blog!! I am really enjoying looking around. Thanks for sharing!! I am now a new follower!! Nicole @ colieskitchen.com BTW I found you on a blog hop!

Erin Wallace said...

I am here for the Friday blog hops and am following you via google reader. I hope to see you at Dropped Stitches.

xo Erin

droppedstitches72.blogspot.com