Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What I'm Listening to Lately

You know how sometimes you end up with followers on twitter that, for whatever reason, you've never spoken to personally but then somehow something comes up and you start noticing each other, tweeting and DMing each other and then you realize, "Hey, this person's pretty cool!"

That happened to me last week and it was over the silliest thing. I was tweeting and DMing back and forth with this sweet girl and thinking how cool she seemed so I headed over to her profile, followed her personal link, and ended up at a webpage for her band! I had no idea! Of course, at that point I had to head over to iTunes and check out her first and only and just released album. I mean, who wouldn't, right?

Would you be surprised to hear that I loved it? Amity, the girl I'd met on twitter, is the singer/lyricist and her voice is so sweet and beautiful. The band's sound is very reminiscent of The Sundays for me and I'm so happy to have discovered them!

The band: If Not For Dreaming
The members: Amity, Pat (guitars) and Jay (drums)
The website: http://www.ifnotfordreaming.com
The songs on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/if-not-for-dreaming/id326341379

Help them get their songs on the radio! Follow this link and listen! It only takes a sec and could make a huge difference!



You've got to check them out! Tell them waterwaif (or Tara) sent you!

To follow on twitter: Amity: in4d, Pat: in4dband

Become a fan on Facebook.

But most of all, just listen and love.

No comments: